Skip to main content

Meeting V.E. Schwab (SLCC+The Kings English Bookstore)


I was fortunate enough that I got to meet my favorite Author twice within a year of each other. These are my personal experiences meeting with someone I've look up to!


At Salt Lake Comic Con 9/23/2017

So my Boyfriend was the one who originally told me that she was going to be attending Salt Lake Comic Con (now known as Salt Lake Comic convention). We always attend SLCC, or at least try to every year, but I could only go one day due to my work schedule. 

When I found out V.E. Schwab was going to be signing the day I attended, I was super nervous! I even went to a panel afterwards that she was in, and I had wanted to ask her a question-but again I was super nervous and I froze up.



I am thankful for my Boyfriend for buying me the book for her to sign, since I didn't have my own copy on me at the time. I hadn't even thought of bringing it as I was in a hurry to get to Salt Lake on time. 

Usually I am a super awkward person when I meet someone I look up to, but I thought I did pretty well when I met her. I told her I loved her book, and I even think I said I was excited to read more of her stories. She thanked me, and I asked her for a photo to which she kindly accepted. I look back at this photo and smile now, even if afterwards I hadn't always loved it.

As I said, I'm awkward in person. I never know what to say and I get super nervous very fast. After meeting someone I'm always super anxious I said something wrong. Backstory, my boyfriend and I call each other weird all the time so he didn't really think he was saying anything wrong. But he said "Ha ha, she thinks you're weird." when we left her table.

I couldn't stop thinking about that. I kept thinking about that as we passed her in the main hall, and when we went to her panel.

Despite these feelings, I was really grateful for how kind she was to me and for not outwardly thinking I'm weird. And I was really glad to meet her.

The Kings English Bookstore 9/29/2018

A year later, I find out that she's coming back for her Vengeful Tour. I really debated on going since I hadn't read Vicious yet, and I didn't really think it'd be fair for me to go since I hadn't. But I decided to go anyway, and again I am super glad that I did. 

(Also, I was not the only one who hadn't read Vicious yet at that signing, so I'm relieved. Don't worry though, I read it right after that event.)

So she showed up at the Kings English bookstore in Salt Lake, and the turnout was pretty great. The venue was very pretty, and I was front row. I won't show the picture she took, since my Boyfriend is also in it and I don't think he'd appreciate me sharing it again. (He's the only guy in a pool of woman, other than a few other guys. Ha ha)

I loved listening to her talk, and she even gave great insight to how she writes. I really loved listening to her talk again, especially since her stories were the main focus unlike SLCC where she was in a panel with other Authors.

I was making a weird expression with my eyes, so that's why they're crossed out. LOL
I was really nervous this time to meet her, and honestly I think it did go well, but I froze up and didn't say much other than 'thank you' to her. She was really sweet as always, and I am glad that I at least gathered the courage to come. 

I am hoping that she returns to Utah sometime soon! When she does, I'll certainly be ready! 

This also gives me inspiration to go to other Author Events in my area, even ones that I don't know particularly. I didn't realize I was missing out on such a cool experience.

Schwab has rejuvenated a lot in me. Such as my motivation to read, and to get myself more involved in the book community. 

That's all for now, I'll see you my next post! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Recommend.

These are the books that I love personally, and though some of them are very popular indeed-I still quite enjoyed them for what they were. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Before anyone jumps the gun about how problematic the relationship between the Chairman and Sayuri is, I know. I know it is, and a long time ago I even idolized that couple-but I realize now that it has it's issues and despite that I still recommend this book. The one main reason why is that despite all of it it's faults, the character of Hatsumomo is something that is not to be overlooked. If that made any sense at all. As a character I hated her at first, but rereading this multiple times I've come to realize that unlike Sayuri who grew to like it where she was (because of the Chairman) Hatsumomo only wanted one thing. To love freely. Her character arc was something I loved, and honestly after she left the story I found myself wanting to know more of what happened to h

Hello!

“She bent most of the rules. She broke the rest.” ~A Gathering of Shadows (V.E. Schwab) Hello! For starters, I'm not new to the blogging scene-though I don't blog everyday or even every week. (I'm really bad at it sometimes.) But while my other blog deals with music and anime, I figured I would create a blog about books that I love whether they're ones I'm currently reading or ones I've read in the past. Unfortunately I don't have a mass collection like most book lovers, I don't have the space for it at the present moment. But I do have collections of different series by my favorite author and so I wanted to create this outlet to show love for the many worlds I've found myself sucked into. A little about myself, I am 27 years old and I currently live in Utah. I was an aspiring Author, still sort of am, but life happens and I haven't had the time. I'm hoping with my new career path, hopefully starting in the next few months, I w